Re: [Chicken-users] Syntax of case expressions

From: Tobia Conforto
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] Syntax of case expressions
Date: Mon, 3 Mar 2008 01:25:20 +0100

Apologies, I think I misread the thread.

Anyways:

Elf wrote:
how is it that ('a ...) isn't a syntax error? Is it because 'a expands to (quote a), and is thus treated by case as a list of the symbols quote and a? And if so, is that correct behavior? After all,
csi> (pair? 'a)
#f
(as I expected).

In (pair? 'a) the first argument to the *function* (not macro) pair? is the symbol a, which is not a pair.
Here, on the other hand:

csi> (pair? ''a)
#t

the first argument to pair? is the list (quote a), which is a pair.

HTH
Tobia