Re: [Chicken-users] ditching syntax-case modules for the utf8 egg

From: Alaric Snell-Pym
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] ditching syntax-case modules for the utf8 egg
Date: Tue, 18 Mar 2008 11:53:25 +0000

The entire problem revolves around adding Unicode support as
an option, without modifying the core.  *If* we allow
ourselves to modify the core, then there is no problem at
all, and we can just copy the utf8 egg code over the
existing string procedures, and add in some procedures for
byte-level access.

FWIW, I'd rather there be a totally separate thing for byte strings,
so they're kept apart. There's some SRFI for that...

ABS

--
Alaric Snell-Pym
Work: http://www.snell-systems.co.uk/