Re: [Chicken-users] hygienic branch (progress report, sort of)

From: Peter Bex
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] hygienic branch (progress report, sort of)
Date: Wed, 14 May 2008 21:56:12 +0200

On Wed, May 14, 2008 at 04:52:17PM +0200, felix winkelmann wrote:
> Hi!
>

> It's silent in here.... So, let me use this moment to give
> some progress info on the state of the "hygienic"
> chicken that I'm currently working on. In
>
> https://chicken.wiki.br/svn/chicken-eggs/chicken/branches/hygienic
>
> you'll find a modified version of chicken that has been completely
> converted to hygienic macros (syntax-rules + explicit-renaming).

> Built-in modules are currently "scheme" (r5rs), "chicken" (library unit)
> and one module for each library unit. I had to touch the build, as
> the import libraries for these modules are compiled as dynamically
> loadable modules - I hope I didn't break anything for the less
> popular platforms.

I've just tested on NetBSD and it didn't build at first.  It gave me
this error:

gcc  -shared \
          -shared chicken.import.o -o chicken.import.so \
          -lchicken -lm
ld: cannot find -lchicken
gmake[1]: *** [chicken.import.so] Error 1

I managed to fix it, but I'm unsure if my fix is the correct one so
I didn't commit it. See the attachment for the patch.

After applying this patch, it works great and all tests pass, too!
Excellent work Felix. Three hurrays!

Cheers,
Peter
--