[Chicken-users] import libraries

From: Hans Bulfone
Subject: [Chicken-users] import libraries
Date: Fri, 25 Jul 2008 17:33:46 +0200

hi,

i don't understand import libraries fully.  is it useful to generate
one if a module doesn't export syntax?

also, when i generate one for my mpd-client module, it starts with

(eval '(import scheme (only chicken ...) ...))

which is the import declaration of my module.

doesn't that cause superfluous bindings to be imported into the
toplevel when the import library is loaded?
(especially when it's loaded manually, like described in the Modules
and macros manual chapter)

bye,
hans.