Re: [Chicken-users] Segfault - a hard one

From: Ivan Raikov
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] Segfault - a hard one
Date: Tue, 05 Aug 2008 11:40:30 +0900

  In fact, I discovered that even when ttm is compiled without
optimization options, it causes segmentation faults when run in a
continuous loop:

  while (true); do ./ttm;  done

  (1st run okay...)
  (2nd run -- out of memory)
  (3rd run -- segmentation fault)

Predictably, the use of threads has introduced time as an input to the
algorithm -- yet another example why threads should be avoided in
program design.

   -Ivan