Re: [Chicken-users] chicken on linux64

From: felix winkelmann
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] chicken on linux64
Date: Thu, 21 Aug 2008 09:39:44 +0200

On Wed, Aug 20, 2008 at 10:15 PM, Graham Fawcett
<address@hidden> wrote:

> I know I'll need to recompile Chicken and any shared libraries. Are
> there other things I should be concerned about, e.g. surprising
> differences in Chicken behaviour on 64-bit systems?

The most obvious difference will be that fixnums don't overflow so
quickly into flonums. Naturally, more storage will be used, as cells
use twice as much space. Apart from that (and provided you don't
use too much foreign code), there isn't much of a difference, from
the chicken point of view.