Re: [Chicken-users] chicken-setup in the hygienic branch

From: Tobia Conforto
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] chicken-setup in the hygienic branch
Date: Wed, 27 Aug 2008 22:59:18 +0200

Peter Bex wrote:
Tobia Conforto wrote:
I cannot get it to work:

$ chicken-setup.hy utf8
Error: unbound variable: ##sys#register-macro-2

You must recompile. First you compile Chicken 4 with your old Chicken 3, but then you need to make clean and compile Chicken 4 with Chicken 4 again.

Thank you. This worked in the end, but I had to replace the make clean step with make distclean, otherwise it wouldn't pick up the new Chicken compiler I was giving it on the commandline.

Tobia