Re: [Chicken-users] svn head - buid problem on debian

From: F. Wittenberger
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] svn head - buid problem on debian
Date: Tue, 09 Dec 2008 23:50:03 +0100

Thanks Felix,

before we continue: this is not about getting chicken work for me.  I
can easily make the destination writable for me, for a moment.  Or
whatever.  It is about the correctness of the debian directory in svn.
And at the same time about me not knowing what I'm doing - I'm neither a
well trained debian maintainer nor fully understand the whole chicken
build process.  But somehow we should be able to get it done.

DESTDIR

This points towards the problem.

I found in debian/rules an EGGDIR, which is not used in rules.make -
just renamed?

So DESTDIR should be "/var/lib", "/var/lib/chicken" or
"/var/lib/chicken/3" ?

Am Dienstag, den 09.12.2008, 13:30 +0100 schrieb felix winkelmann:
> On Tue, Dec 9, 2008 at 12:54 PM, Jörg F. Wittenberger
> <address@hidden> wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > my standard debian build method fails like this:
> >
> > /home/jfw/build/Scheme/chicken/debian/tmp/usr/bin/chicken-install
> > -update-db
> > generating database
> >
> >  cp -r /tmp/setup-15c.tmp/modules.db /var/lib/chicken/3/modules.db
> > cp: cannot create regular file `/var/lib/chicken/3/modules.db':
> > Permission denied
> > Error: shell invocation failed with non-zero return status
> > "cp -r /tmp/setup-15c.tmp/modules.db /var/lib/chicken/3/modules.db"
> > 256
> >
> > I'd fix it, if I knew how this should be done.
>
> This seems to be a bug in the makefile: "chicken-installl -update-db"
> creates a symbol-database in the repository, but doesn't pick up
> that you are using a different DESTDIR (which it should normally
> do) - I assume you have DESTDIR set?
>
> For the time being, just comment out the chicken-install invocation.

not interested - I want the .deb building for grandma.

/Jörg