Re: [Chicken-users] Egg Installation Problem

From: William Ramsay
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] Egg Installation Problem
Date: Wed, 24 Dec 2008 10:20:16 -0500

Well, that at least tells me what's wrong. It turns out that I have two versions of chicken running - 2.6 and 3.4. The newer version is running in /usr/local/bin and the older in /usr/bin. Installing an egg finds /usr/bin before /usr/local/bin, evidently.

I guess the question now is how do I get rid of the older version? Is there a programmatic way or should I just delete it?

(Shouldn't the install of the new version straightened all this out?)

I run Gentoo Linux, but did not install Chicken from Gentoo. I downloaded and compiled both versions.

Happy Holidays,

Bill