[Chicken-users] Incremental compiling

From: William Ramsay
Subject: [Chicken-users] Incremental compiling
Date: Tue, 03 Feb 2009 16:12:14 -0500

Hi all,

Is there a way to do incremental compiling in Chicken? My program is getting quite large and has a lot of include files involved. How do you go from "csc -vk foo.scm" to

gcc test.c -o foo.o -c -fno-strict-aliasing -DHAVE_CHICKEN_CONFIG_H -Os -fomit-frame-pointer -I/usr/local/include
gcc test.o -o foo -L/usr/local/lib  -Wl,-R/usr/local/lib -lchicken -lm -ldl

where foo.scm has about ten include files and uses a couple of eggs to boot?

As the program grows it takes longer and longer to compile even on my pretty zippy machine.

Bill