[Chicken-users] blob or f64vector

From: Eduardo Cavazos
Subject: [Chicken-users] blob or f64vector
Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2009 10:34:02 -0600

Eduardo Cavazos wrote:

What could I change that to such that blobs are allowed as the second
argument?

Jim Ursetto wrote:

void  glGetDoublev( GLenum pname, ___byte_vector params );

(The egg should probably be updated to replace or alias ___blob to
___byte_vector...)

This did the trick. But I have another question...

In easy ffi, if a function parameter type is 'double', then it expects you to pass a SRFI-4 'f64vector'. Under the covers, this is just a blob. So my question was about how to pass a blob directly. And all is well.

My new question is, is there a way to specify a type such that the function will accept a blob *or* some SRFI-4 vector? I.e. if you pass a SRFI-4 vector, you'll benefit from the nice type checking. If you pass a blob, it works but you don't get the type checking.

For example, if the type of a parameter is 'double', the ffi check goes as follows. If the argument is a blob, it's sent directly. Otherwise it *must* be an f64vector. Something along those lines.

Ed