Re: [Chicken-users] Could we keep old URLs in the wiki working?

From: Jim Ursetto
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] Could we keep old URLs in the wiki working?
Date: Wed, 6 May 2009 16:21:22 -0500

On Tue, May 5, 2009 at 5:29 PM, Alejandro Forero Cuervo
<address@hidden> wrote:
> For example, searching for "mario domenech goulart" on Google lists
> http://chicken.wiki.br/mario%20domenech%20goulart as the second
> result.  This result used to work, redirecting to the correct page.
> Now it takes you to a stupid edit form.

The top two results when searching Google for '"require-library"
chicken' are both edit pages--"Edit: chicken-setup redesign" and
"Edit: man/4/Non-standard macros and special forms".  But both of
these pages exist!  And indexing an edit form is useless.

So, while we are on the subject of "stupid edit forms", could we stop
indexing these pages via robots.txt or <meta name="robots"
content="noindex, nofollow">?

Jim