Re: [Chicken-users] Explicit Renaming Macros Help/Tutorial?

From: John Cowan
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] Explicit Renaming Macros Help/Tutorial?
Date: Sun, 7 Jun 2009 19:08:57 -0400

Jack Trades scripsit:

> I managed something similar in Chicken 3 + syntax-case (with an extra level
> of parens around optional arguments) but cannot figure how to do the same in
> Chicken 4.  I can't find any documentation (at least that I can understand)
> on explicit renaming macros.  The Chicken 3 code I had is below, but it
> doesn't work in 4.
>
> (use syntax-case)
> (define-syntax def
>   (syntax-rules (*args)
>     ((def (name arg ... ((opt val) ...) *args) body ...)
>       (define (name arg ... #!optional (opt val) ... #!rest args) body
> ...))))

If your macro is defined in syntax-rules, there should be no need to use
explicit renaming at all.  The above code should just work in Chicken
4 after you remove the "(use syntax-case)".  If not, there is a bug in
the Chicken 4 implementation of syntax-rules, which would not surprise
anybody too much.

--
My confusion is rapidly waxing          John Cowan
For XML Schema's too taxing:            address@hidden