Re: [Chicken-users] Bignums in core

From: John Cowan
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] Bignums in core
Date: Sun, 4 Oct 2009 02:25:59 -0400

Nicholas Indy Ray scripsit:

> Bignums are nice and all, but I hardly see it as a practical
> necessity. Plus if I had to choose between fix/flonums or bignums
> and slower number performance, I'd choose the prior, that is why I
> use chicken!

Bignums don't hurt performance much unless you use them.  Ratios can
hurt performance, but I'm not proposing them: / should still return a
flonum if the mathematical result is not an integer.

--
John Cowan                                   address@hidden
        "You need a change: try Canada"  "You need a change: try China"