Re: [Chicken-users] Re: new egg documentation bootstrap

From: Mario Domenech Goulart
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] Re: new egg documentation bootstrap
Date: Wed, 16 Dec 2009 18:58:29 -0500

Hi Derrell

On Wed, 16 Dec 2009 13:36:26 -0500 Derrell Piper <address@hidden> wrote:

>> It's under $PREFIX/share/chicken/doc/html, where PREFIX is the path you
>> provided to `make' when building chicken.
>
> Okay, all I see in there is the base Chicken documentation.  No eggs.

That's embarrassing.  Now I'm really lost about the current local
documentation status.  Sorry.  Last time I checked, it worked like the
way I described in the previous message.  Now it seems that things have
changed a little bit.

I couldn't find any reference to `doc-from-wiki' in the chicken-core
repo, so I supposed it's not being handled anymore.

It seems that chicken-install reports

,----
| * Installing documentation files in
|   <prefix-here>/share/chicken/doc:
|
| Warning: file does not exist: "<eggname-here>.html"
`----

for all the eggs which are supposed to provide documentation via
doc-from-wiki.

When retrieving eggs with the -r option to chicken-install, the html
file is not retrieved, so it seems that this feature is missing.

>>> And if not, what's the point?  But regardless, I assume you don't want
>>> me to check in any html if the doc's in the wiki, right?
>
>> Right.  The html shipped with the egg is automatically put there.
>
> ...but if my doc's in the wiki I have no html in the egg, right?

I supposed it would be automatically added to the egg.  But it seems it
is not.

I'm Ccing Felix, so maybe he can give us some pointers.  Felix: can you
give us some hints about the current status for eggs documentation? I
can update the docs accordingly.

Best wishes.
Mario