Re: [Chicken-users] OK, I jumped the gun a little

From: Jim Ursetto
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] OK, I jumped the gun a little
Date: Sat, 20 Mar 2010 13:01:52 -0500

On Mar 20, 2010, at 11:59 AM, Mark Carter wrote:

Sorry guys.

In my recent report, I mentioned about not being able to bootstrap. I didn't read the README :( I'm supposed to obtain a bootstrapper from
http://chicken.wiki.br/chicken-projects/bootstrap/
Unfortunately, there isn't one available for cygwin.

You should be able to grab the latest release tarball, build the bootstrap compiler, and then use the resulting chicken-bootstrap in your git clone.

I'd copy chicken-bootstrap somewhere outside your Chicken tree so it doesn't get deleted when you `make distclean` or whatever.