[Chicken-users] static linking - how to?

From: F. Wittenberger
Subject: [Chicken-users] static linking - how to?
Date: Thu, 25 Mar 2010 14:19:21 +0100

Hi all,

I failed miserably when trying to link a chicken program statically.

I my case I tried "tk", found in the manual/Extensions that I would have
to convert the egg first to support static linking.  As a temporary
workaround I put the required csc call in my Makefile

csc -c tk.scm -unit tk

Next the manual says to compile like this

csc -static-extensions myprog.scm -uses tk

but csc complains about -static-extensions being an invalid option.

using -static instead I end up with an executable of roughly 4MB..
which then complains:
Error: (import) during expansion of (import ...) - canot import from
undefined module: scheme

any help?

thanks a lot

/Jerry