Re: [Chicken-users] chicken-install from behind a proxy

From: Paul Romanchenko
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] chicken-install from behind a proxy
Date: Fri, 23 Apr 2010 12:32:44 +0400

I think this can be related:

I have a file with 2 digits:

$ od -c /tmp/xy
0000000   1  \n   2  \n
0000004

Also I have a simple tcp server which echoed the same 2 digits then
closes connection:
$ netcat localhost 9999 | od -c
0000000   1  \n   2  \n
0000004

Let's make a function which reads number, CR, number from given input port:
(define (test i)
  (with-input-from-port i
    (lambda () (printf "~a~a~a~%" (read) (read-line) (read)))))

And test it against file and server:
(let-values (((i o) (tcp-connect "localhost" 9999)))
  (test i)
  (test (open-input-file "/tmp/xy")))

$ csi cln.scm

CHICKEN
(c)2008-2010 The Chicken Team
(c)2000-2007 Felix L. Winkelmann
Version 4.4.6
linux-unix-gnu-x86-64 [ 64bit manyargs dload ptables ]
compiled 2010-04-16 on gladstone.duckburg.org (Linux)

12#!eof
12
#;1>

Different results.