Re: [Chicken-users] Metadata bugs (was: More on Packaging eggs)

From: Jim Pryor
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] Metadata bugs (was: More on Packaging eggs)
Date: Mon, 13 Sep 2010 08:44:11 -0400

Wow, thanks to kon and sjamaan for the fast turnaround on all these metadata
bugs.

Many are now fixed in trunk, a few even in new tags.

For reference, I think these are the bugs still outstanding. But I may
have missed some fixes:

srfi-42 (v.1.7): meta file is missing a space after "synopsis". Chicken
can still parse the meta file ok, but other tools can't.

For the following eggs, the needs/depends statement in the meta file
doesn't fully reflect the required-extension-version statements from the
setup file. (Sometimes the dependency isn't declared at all in the needs
statement; sometimes the needs statement does say (needs ... foo ...)
but doesn't say (needs ... (foo foo-version) ...).):

    mw (v0.2) ; also see below
    mw-core (v0.2.1) ; also see below
    srfi-27-reference ; also see below

        abnf (v3.3)
        apropos (v1.4.2)
        internet-message (v4.1)
        internet-timestamp (v2.0)
        json-abnf (v3.0)
        neuromorpho (v1.8)

Three of the eggs listed above have additional problems:
    mw-core (v0.2.1) ; setup file has (include "setup-helper") but setup-helper
isn't declared in (needs ...)
    mw (v0.2) ; setup file has (include "setup-helper") but setup-helper isn't
declared in (needs ...)
    srfi-27-reference ; setup file has (include "setup-helper") but
setup-helper isn't declared in (needs ...)

--
Jim Pryor
address@hidden