Re: [Chicken-users] More on Packaging eggs

From: Taylor Venable
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] More on Packaging eggs
Date: Mon, 13 Sep 2010 19:44:56 -0400

On Mon, Sep 13, 2010 at 9:02 AM, Mario Domenech Goulart <address@hidden> wrote:
Those are bugs.  The version indicated by the .setup file doesn't match
the one indicated by the tag directory.

We had this problem with the packaging system I wrote for work; there we have a scanning program that I run periodically to e.g. verify that things like this match up (the Subversion location to the "recipe" version as we say). It can even attempt to use Subversion to find out who is responsible so they can be notified. I can reinvent that for the Egg repository if people think that would be useful. :-)

--
Taylor C. Venable
http://metasyntax.net/