Re: [Chicken-users] Re: sequences egg

From: F. Wittenberger
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] Re: sequences egg
Date: Sun, 21 Nov 2010 23:43:17 +0100

Am Samstag, den 20.11.2010, 15:26 -0500 schrieb Hans Nowak:
> On 11/18/10 10:03 AM, Felix wrote:
>
> > I've put together a little library of generic "sequence" operations,
> > and would like to get some feedback, since I'm not sure about the
> > nomenclature and API. Find it here:
> >
> >    http://wiki.call-cc.org/eggref/4/sequences
> >
> > And in the repo, usual place. It has a test-suite, but surely contains
> > some bugs, and is a bit of a test for the "fast-generic" extension.
> >
> > Comments, suggestions, rants or critique is welcome.
>
> This is more of a question rather than criticism, but... Scheme
already has a (more or less) established nomenclature for certain
> actions. For example, to take the length of something, you use length,
> string-length, vector-length, etc. There are more of these: -ref,
> -map, -fold, etc.

More my €0.02 than a comment:

"since I'm not sure about the nomenclature and API"

in Felix message, plus given the first reactions, I'm pretty sure that
naming conventions are the least thing Felix would insist about.

For a Scheme (who would never ever - promised - participate in a
religious war ;-) the file kinda feels like Felix haven read too much CL
recently.

Best Regards

/Jörg