Re: [Chicken-users] llvm-gcc / clang

From: Felix
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] llvm-gcc / clang
Date: Wed, 01 Dec 2010 21:44:30 +0100 (CET)

From: David Dreisigmeyer <address@hidden>
Subject: [Chicken-users] llvm-gcc / clang
Date: Wed, 1 Dec 2010 11:04:17 -0500

> Would there be any advantages / disadvantages to using llvm-gcc /
> clang versus gcc?

I can't say. Chicken compiles fine with both, it seems (at least
the last time I tried), with gcc being a slight bit faster.
Oh, and clang gave me stupid warnings that where actually wrong
(an "x == x" comparison of floats to detect NaN, which is IMHO
totally correct, triggers a warning - but I'm sure John can give
us the correct interpretation of the standard C semantics).

But it builds and all the tests run.