Re: [Chicken-users] readline egg (OS X 10.6.6 / Chicken 4.6.0)

From: Stephen Eilert
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] readline egg (OS X 10.6.6 / Chicken 4.6.0)
Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2011 12:01:23 -0300

On Wed, Jan 26, 2011 at 8:59 AM, David Dreisigmeyer
<address@hidden> wrote:
> This version of Chicken is not from Macports, but readline is.  I had
> tried various CSC_OPTIONS in my .profile, e.g.:
>
> export CSC_OPTIONS="-L/opt/local/lib -I/opt/local/include"
> export CSC_OPTIONS="-L/opt/local/lib -I/opt/local/include/readline"
>
> and also using the -rpath flag after your suggestion.  None of these
> worked though, and I always received the error:

What about setting LIBRARY_PATH:

export LIBRARY_PATH=/opt/local/lib

I'm using Homebrew instead of macports nowadays, but I had to install
readline yesterday and setting LIBRARY_PATH and CSC_OPTIONS did the
trick (after symlinking to usr/local with 'brew link readline').

--Stephen

Sent from my Emacs