Re: [Chicken-users] http-client doesn't handle closed persistent connect

From: Peter Bex
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] http-client doesn't handle closed persistent connections
Date: Sun, 30 Jan 2011 14:12:36 +0100

On Sun, Jan 30, 2011 at 09:57:47PM +0900, Daishi Kato wrote:
> > A test case would be welcome.
>
> Here is how to reproduce the problem.
>
> #;2> (string-length (with-input-from-request "http://www.apache.org/"; #f
> read-string))
> 44138
>
> This apache server is probably configured to keep connections for 5sec.
> The unofficial keep-alive header says so.
> I could confirm that the connection is closed after 5sec by netstat.

Excellent!  Thank you for this test case.  It appears to be very simple;
when the remote end drops the connection, the input port is _not_
automatically closed.  Reading from it returns #!eof though, so I now
added a peek-char call to the connection status check, which seems to
fix the problem.

Could you (and Thomas, too) try http-client trunk and let me know if
everything is working out now?  I'll make a new release if it works now.

Cheers,
Peter
--
http://sjamaan.ath.cx