[Chicken-users] Chicken-iup on Windows

From: Tryptik
Subject: [Chicken-users] Chicken-iup on Windows
Date: Sun, 6 Feb 2011 18:45:54 -0800 (PST)

I've been trying to use chicken scheme on windows - I am a complete n00b, but it looks awesome.  I was unable to make it, so I tried the pre-compiled binary.  I had difficulty sourcing installed libraries until I tracked down the CHICKEN_REPOSITORY env var and set it to the local lib\chicken\5 dir.

I find that I cannot download with chicken-install - the application is prompting me for a location.  I am guessing I need another environment variable set for the location - but I can't find any information on the Wiki about these vars, nor what URL I can provide to chicken-install to get the eggs.

Please - can someone clarify how this works and please add these env vars to the Wiki?  I've looked all over for info and only found the CHICKEN_REPOSITORY in a post in the list archives.

Thanks