Re: [Chicken-users] Generic RDBMS Interface [Was: Re: Creating Windows G

From: Thomas Chust
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] Generic RDBMS Interface [Was: Re: Creating Windows GUI App]
Date: Fri, 1 Apr 2011 14:35:31 +0200

2011/4/1 Matt Welland <address@hidden>:
> That is ironic. One of the things I was going to try to make available
> via the new egg system was my dbi egg
> (http://www.kiatoa.com/cgi-bin/fossils/opensrc/dir?ci=c7f1edfb8c6e036b&name=dbi).
> However anything Thomas puts together will be much, uh, fresher and
> faster :)
> [...]

Hello Matt,

you give me too much credit for something I haven't even really begun
coding :-)

Anyway, my DBI interface is going to be rather similar to the one you
created, but the way I plan it, there will be one important
architectural difference: I want to make the selection of the backend
driver modular and dynamic so that adding a new driver never requires
any changes in the DBI egg's code and ideally using the new driver
will also not require any change in client code using the DBI egg.

Ciao,
Thomas