Re: [Chicken-users] Possible numbers bug

From: John Cowan
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] Possible numbers bug
Date: Fri, 27 May 2011 10:42:45 -0400

Dominic Pearson scripsit:

> http://paste.call-cc.org/paste?id=e0884580a684d1220f3dedb819f63201b6f5eb1a

I've added what my Chicken install prints, which winds up printing "..."
instead of finishing the number.

> Racket and scheme48 both seem to give different answers too.

I tried my usual battery of Schemes: Racket, Gauche, MIT, Gambit,
Chicken, Bigloo, Scheme48/scsh, Guile, Kawa, SISC, Chibi, Chez, SCM,
Ikarus, Larceny, IronScheme, Ypsilon, Mosh, STklos, SigScheme, Scheme 9
(but without the non-standard "print", which isn't doing anything useful
here anyway).

All agreed with Racket in printing a 3001-character string beginning
"10003" and ending "46700", except:

Bigloo, which doesn't do bignums and reported "405071317";

Scheme48/scsh, which printed a 3001-character string that starts "10003"
but ends "33932";

SigScheme, which doesn't support expt;

Scheme 9, which took too long to compute the result.

--
One art / There is                      John Cowan <address@hidden>
No less / No more                       http://www.ccil.org/~cowan