Re: [Chicken-users] strange warning

From: John Cowan
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] strange warning
Date: Fri, 24 Jun 2011 10:28:38 -0400

Felix scripsit:

> These warnings indicate that optimizations transform your code in
> such a way (through inlining for example), that some execution
> paths contain calls to procedures with arguments evaluated at
> compile-time. It would be interesting to see where this occurs. If you
> are interested, compile with "-debug 7" and wade through the thicket
> of CPS calls.
>
> If this gets too annoying I might throw the warning out
> again. Currently it hasn't been overly helpful.

Well, no doubt, but if optimizations are generating code like (reverse
#f), those optimizations are broken, no?  I mean, that's inevitably
going to fail at runtime, so the warnings are alerting you to real
problems and shouldn't be suppressed.

--
I Hope, Sir, that we are not                    John Cowan
mutually Un-friended by this                    address@hidden