Re: [Chicken-users] chicken-install -n -test

From: John J Foerch
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] chicken-install -n -test
Date: Fri, 26 Aug 2011 20:31:50 -0400

Mario Domenech Goulart <address@hidden> writes:
> Hi John,
>
> On Fri, 26 Aug 2011 20:11:20 -0400 John J Foerch <address@hidden> wrote:
>
>> I'm writing an egg and I happened to try 'chicken-install -n -test' to
>> see if I could run my tests without installing the egg.  This does not
>> work in the version of chicken that I'm using (4.6.0 from Debian), so I
>> would like to make this a feature request.  When running chicken-install
>> from the directory an egg resides in, it would be nice to be able to run
>> tests without installing the egg.  This would save the developer having
>> to type a sudo password, for example.
>
> Just
>
>   $ cd tests
>   $ csi -s run.scm
>
> That's pretty much what chicken-install does behind the scenes.

What I have in mind is that chicken-install could include ".." in the
egg search path while running the tests.  This would allow the egg to be
found, even if it were not installed.  This would allow the developer
the convenience of not having to install the egg to test it, thus not
having to sudo, and possibly type a password.  Make sense?

--
John Foerch