Re: [Chicken-users] Testing on OS X PPC, Intel SMP - Re: A fix for para

From: Christian Kellermann
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] Testing on OS X PPC, Intel SMP - Re: A fix for parallel build (gmake -j)
Date: Sat, 15 Oct 2011 22:07:23 +0200

* Toby Thain <address@hidden> [111015 21:53]:
> On 12/10/11 4:50 AM, Vitaly Magerya wrote:
> >Toby Thain wrote:
> >>Builds for me on OS X 10.6 64-bit, OS X 10.5 dual-processor G5.
> >>
> >>make -j8 reduces the make step from 3:39 to 0:47 on my 8-core system.
> >>
> >>However, make check does not pass on either system:
> >
> >Does it pass without the patch?
>
> It does not. :(

Did you install the compiled stuff?

If you don't want to clutter your current installation choose a
PREFIX (possibly to /tmp/chicken-test) during make and install.

Then run make check again.

Any differences?

Kind regards,

Christian

--
Who can (make) the muddy water (clear)? Let it be still, and it will
gradually become clear. Who can secure the condition of rest? Let