Re: [Chicken-users] System Egg and recompilation

From: Moritz Heidkamp
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] System Egg and recompilation
Date: Wed, 25 Jan 2012 21:55:29 +0100

Hi Stephen,

Stephen Eilert <address@hidden> writes:
> It compiles to the "tmp" directory, every time. Ideally, I'd like the
> shared objects to stick around and only be recompiled if the files are
> changed. "build-system" works, but then the files are ignored by
> load-system (as per documentation).

the problem is that load-system is meant for interactive
development. Since reloading already loaded extensions is not possible
on some platforms, the temporary files approach is taken. I agree that
it would make sense to be able to use `build-system' and then also load
it though. Perhaps `load-built-system' or something would be a good
addition to the system egg, Felix?

Moritz