[Chicken-users] ssax troubles

From: sramsay . unl
Subject: [Chicken-users] ssax troubles
Date: Sun, 19 Feb 2012 10:16:50 -0600

I'm trying to work with the ssax module, but no matter what I do, I get the
following error:

Error: unbound variable: ssax:scan-Misc

Call history:

##sys#require
tagnuke.scm:4: open-input-file
tagnuke.scm:21: outline
scan-for-significant-prolog-token-1524543
ssax:scan-Misc      <--

This is basically identical to the issue described here:
http://lists.nongnu.org/archive/html/chicken-users/2009-10/msg00070.html

In that thread, the maintainer (I assume) of the ssax egg offers a patch to the
ssax-chicken.scm file, but that patch doesn't seem to have made it into the
ssax egg itself (though I'm not sure how to verify that, since I can't seem to
figure out how to grab the source for an egg and install it manually).

I guess my broader question is: Is ssax busted?  I'm basically trying to do the
same thing as the person in the earlier thread (i.e. run some example code).

Steve

--
Stephen Ramsay
Associate Professor