[Chicken-users] cannot import from undefined module

From: Mark Carter
Subject: [Chicken-users] cannot import from undefined module
Date: Wed, 7 Mar 2012 13:03:41 +0000

I'm trying to put some functions into a module, but I'm having
difficulties. Everything seems to work when I use csi - putting it into a
module causes errors. Here's the specific errors I am encountering:

Warning: reference to possibly unbound identifier `read-lines' in:
Warning:    rep-read-file-lines

Warning: reference to possibly unbound identifier `call-with-input-
string' in:
Warning:    rep-read-string

I think it has got something to do with the fact that the functions are
visible in the namespace used by csi, but not when I create a module.

If I try to import srfi-6 in my module, like so:

(module
 mccsl ( define-simple-syntax)
 (import scheme chicken)
 (import srfi-6)
)

I get the compilation error
Syntax error (import): cannot import from undefined module

What do I do to fix this? It's all proving to be an uphill battle.