Re: [Chicken-users] chicken-install doesn't install compiled submodules

From: Christian Kellermann
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] chicken-install doesn't install compiled submodules
Date: Sun, 25 Mar 2012 15:46:07 +0200

Hi Thomas!

* Thomas Chust <address@hidden> [120325 15:30]:

> you are welcome to check the setup script of the IUP egg: The import
> libraries are all compiled to *.import.so shared objects and the
> install-extension commands only list those *.import.so files to be
> installed but for some reason chicken-install decides to reinterpret
> these commands and installs the *.import.scm files instead.

in iup trunk's setup script it says:

(install-extension
 'iup
 `("iup.so" "iup.o" "iup-types.scm" ,@import-libraries)
 `((version 1.2.0)
         (static "iup-base.o")
         (static-options ,(string-intersperse native-libraries))))

Where import-libraries is

(define import-libraries
        `("iup.import.so"
                "iup-base.import.scm" "iup-controls.import.scm"
"iup-dialogs.import.scm"
                ,@(cond-expand

So you are explicitly giving it .scm files to install. Or am I
misreading the code?

Kind regards,

Christian

--
9 out of 10 voices in my head say, that I am crazy,
one is humming.