Re: [Chicken-users] Problems with rationals

From: John Cowan
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] Problems with rationals
Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2012 12:37:51 -0400

Jörg F. Wittenberger scripsit:

> address@hidden:~$ fshell
> RScheme (v0.7.3.4-b7u, 2007-05-30)
> Copyright (C) 1995-2005 Donovan Kolbly <address@hidden>
> RScheme comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY.
> type ",warranty" for details; type ",help" for some help
> top[0]=>(define phi 3.1415926)
> value := phi
> top[1]=>(define eee 0-i)
> value := eee
> top[2]=>(/ phi eee)
> value := 0.+3.14159i
> top[3]=>(/ phi (* eee eee))
> value := -3.14159
> top[4]=>(* (/ 3 5) 5)
> value := 3
> top[5]=>(/ 3 5)
> value := 3/5

Huh.  I have the same version you do, but enable_read_numeric_tower
is off, and there appears to be no way to turn it on such as a
configure-time switch.  I tried setting it in the shell and now I have
a corrupt installation.  Arrgh.

So by default the full numeric tower is off, and complex constants output
"runtime error: complex.scm:make-rectanglar:69: function stubbed out",
and (/ 3 5) returns 0.6.

--
No saves, Antonio, loke es morirse en su lingua. Es komo            John Cowan
kedarse soliko en el silensyo kada dya ke Dyo da, komo          address@hidden