Re: [Chicken-users] ANN: persistent-hash-map 0.0.1

From: John Cowan
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] ANN: persistent-hash-map 0.0.1
Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2013 10:18:02 -0500

Moritz Heidkamp scripsit:

> In a way, persistent hash maps give you the best of alists and hash
> tables combined which is why I highly recommend you to check them
> out.

This looks brilliant.  I have written some sketchy stuff that searches
an a-list in the normal way, but if the a-list lookup fails and the tail
is not the empty list but a SRFI 69 hash table, then search the hash table,
on the assumption that there's a certain amount of stuff that has to be
functional and then there are lots of global keys that are maybe mutable,
maybe immutable, but anyway should be searched fast.  This looks like a
*much* better approach.

--
John Cowan                                   address@hidden
        "You need a change: try Canada"  "You need a change: try China"