[Chicken-users] New string manipulation module

From: Nicholas Van Horn
Subject: [Chicken-users] New string manipulation module
Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2013 12:36:22 -0500

I'm new to Chicken (and scheme for that matter), but I'm eager to contribute. I've been working on several text processing projects for which I've ported an Emacs-lisp string manipulation library to Chicken.

The "strings" module provides many convenient string manipulation procedures (including new procedures not ported from the original elisp library). Each procedure is documented with examples. Beyond their immediate convenience, (I think) they present the user with a consistent API for working with strings.

I am eager to share this as an "official" egg, but being new to scheme I have likely violated common practices. I share the preliminary module here in the hopes that someone will find it useful. I welcome any feedback with respect to changes in implementation/behavior, as well as missing functionality that you would like to see added.

The module is packaged to be distributed as an egg, but it is currently only available at:

https://github.com/n3mo/strings

Thanks,
Nicholas Van Horn