Re: [Chicken-users] Access to wiki

From: Christian Kellermann
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] Access to wiki
Date: Fri, 8 Mar 2013 15:47:11 +0100

Hi John,

* John Sampson <address@hidden> [130308 15:33]:
> If I open Firefox (in Windows 7 Home Premium) and search on "Chicken
> Scheme" I get a list of pages including (say)
> "the Chicken User's Manual" which links to wiki.call-cc.org/manual/index -
> if I click on the link an alert box comes up headed "The connection
> was reset"
> and on the next line "The connection to the server was reset while
> the page was loading."
> followed by various suggestions.
>
> If I edit the URL back to "wiki.call-cc.org" and press <enter> then
> the wiki home page appears.
>
> Browsing to www.call-cc.org also produces the error described above.

I have just tested the following steps with Firefox 19.0.2 on Windows
7 home premium:

1. typing "chicken scheme" in the address bar and using the first
google hit -> www.call-cc.org -> works

2. entering "http://wiki.call-cc.org"; into the address bar -> works

3. entering "https://wiki.call-cc.org"; into the address bar -> I
have to add the certificate to my trusted sites -> works

4. entering "wiki.call-cc.org" into the address bar -> works

5. entering "www.call-cc.org" into the address bar -> works

So I think this is not really related to your software configuration.
Maybe it is a proxy issue? Are you using a proxy? Or maybe your
ISP/company?

Kind regards,

Christian

--
In the world, there is nothing more submissive and weak than
water. Yet for attacking that which is hard and strong, nothing can