Re: [Chicken-users] parley, termios, and linenoise

From: Christian Kellermann
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] parley, termios, and linenoise
Date: Fri, 26 Jul 2013 09:21:11 +0200

* Claude Marinier <address@hidden> [130726 02:33]:
> Greetings,
>
> The author of linenoise (antirez) made an interesting choice: linenoise
> uses a handful of basic ANSI escape sequences. The assumption is that
> command line programs today tend to run in an xterm (I would like to
> include the MinGW shell).
>
> Can we use this approach to remove the dependence on things like termios
> which are missing on MS Windows?

I thought I have pointed this out already, maybe not clear enough:

Just to be clear. We already *have* linenoise support and it can
be used in csi. This comes with some restrictions though as linenoise's
FFI calls block, which in turn block the scheduler but that may not
affect you when you are not using threads in the REPL.

Cheers,

Christian

--
In the world, there is nothing more submissive and weak than
water. Yet for attacking that which is hard and strong, nothing can