Re: [Chicken-users] combining syntax-rules and er/ir-macro

From: Evan Hanson
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] combining syntax-rules and er/ir-macro
Date: Thu, 30 Jan 2014 15:16:57 +1300

Hi Alyn,

On 2014-01-29 18:07, .alyn.post. wrote:
> Why is %map not visible inside enum?

In order to make `%map` available to the enum transformer, it needs to
be defined at expansion time, e.g. (this is one way, there may be others):

    (begin-for-syntax
      (define-syntax %map
        (syntax.rules () ...)))

Also note that because `enum` is an ir transformer, the form provided to
it will already have been renamed, so as it stands it will most likely
define something like "my-foo123" rather than "my-foo" -- you'll
probably have to `inject` those parts of the form in order to have the
correct identifiers bound as a result </possibly unwelcome observation>.

Cheers,

Evan