[Chicken-users] [ANN] opengl-glew version 0.4.0

From: Alex Charlton
Subject: [Chicken-users] [ANN] opengl-glew version 0.4.0
Date: Sun, 11 May 2014 18:53:58 -0400

Hello all,

I figured I’d announce this new version of my opengl-glew egg, as it contains
significant new features./

Aside from some minor improvements, version 0.4.0 adds two new modules: gl-math
and gl-utils.

gl-math provides functions primarily for manipulating matrices, much like those
that are contained in the now deprecated GLU. The glm egg also provides similar
functionality (and honestly, I probably wouldn’t have written gl-math if I had
known that glm had camera and projection creation functions), but gl-math is
more light-weight and fully documented. Not to put down glm in any way, though,
as it was enormously useful in getting things going for me.

gl-utils contains two main pieces of functionality at the moment: a helper for
creating VAOs, and PLY loading. Having these tools makes loading and rendering
models quite easy.

For complete information, check out the docs:

https://wiki.call-cc.org/eggref/4/opengl-glew

--
Alex