Re: [Chicken-users] [Chicken-hackers] CHICKEN in production

From: Stephen Eilert
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] [Chicken-hackers] CHICKEN in production
Date: Thu, 2 Oct 2014 13:21:26 -0300

On Mon, Sep 29, 2014 at 6:07 PM, r <address@hidden> wrote:
Hello

happy to announce that we are in production with CHICKEN!

Professional karaoke system AST-50 with CHICKEN driven firmware.

http://www.art-system.ru/professionalnoe-karaoke/ast-50.html

Feel free to ask Oleg Kolosov, Yaroslav Tsarko and me about wonderful and dangerous trip to the parentheses land.

Wow, that's even cooler than what I was expecting when I saw the email. Not only it is 'in production', but it is a firmware too, not the average website. Congrats :)

Now, could you pretty please with cherry on top share some details? For instance, I saw some of the GUI in the advertisement. Is that  done in Chicken too? Is Chicken just used as a 'glue' between modules written in (insert whatever language here) or does it drive the whole system with occasional C libs thrown in? How did you manage to convince management to use Chicken? :D

Oh man, so many questions, so little time.

— Stephen