Re: [Chicken-users] IDE for Beginners

From: Mario Domenech Goulart
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] IDE for Beginners
Date: Thu, 04 Dec 2014 18:16:49 +0000

Hi,

On Thu, 4 Dec 2014 12:51:30 +0100 mfv <address@hidden> wrote:

> It is not that I am totally against emacs, but I must confess that
> learning the myriad of cryptic commands would seriously strain my
> patience. Mind you, I am writing this on Mutt/Freeshell now, which is
> using emacs. As such, I have to state that I have no trouble using the
> basic functionality of the editor. It just should not be too cryptic..

Despite being initially cryptic, I'd strongly recommend learning Emacs.
It's a valuable and flexible tool that can be useful in many situations,
not only for editing CHICKEN code.  If you are familiar with Lisp
languages (and I assume you are), Emacs can be programmed to do
virtually whatever you want (including making it less cryptic to your
taste)!

Best wishes.
Mario
--