Re: [Chicken-users] ActiveX dll files in Windows

From: Alex Charlton
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] ActiveX dll files in Windows
Date: Sat, 20 Dec 2014 10:14:16 -0500

Anything you can do in C, you can do in CHICKEN, so yes you can do it, but
ActiveX may not be particularly easy.

If you have a good grasp of C, C++, and the Windows COM model, it should be
fairly straightforward. You’d probably create a C interface to DirectX
functions, then call those through the CHICKEN FFI. I know next to nothing
about COM, but a quick search suggests that is not the easiest to work with
through C. So unfortunately, even if you are familiar with all these
technologies, it would likely represent a fair amount of work.

If you are interested in seeing what it takes to call C functions from CHICKEN,
take a look at:
http://wiki.call-cc.org/man/4/Interface%20to%20external%20functions%20and%20variables

OpenGL is easy to get up and running, though ;)