Re: [Chicken-users] Updating the zmq egg

From: Matt Gushee
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] Updating the zmq egg
Date: Thu, 5 Mar 2015 18:24:26 -0700

Hi, Evan--

On Thu, Mar 5, 2015 at 6:13 PM, Evan Hanson <address@hidden> wrote:

> Does a size_t argument require any special handling on the Chicken
> side? Or can I just treat it as a regular integer?

A regular size_t, even: http://api.call-cc.org/doc/foreign/types/size_t

Thanks, but I guess my question wasn't sufficiently clear. My updated code already has:

    (foreign-lambda int zmq_recv socket message size_t int);  and
    (foreign-lambda int zmq_send socket message size_t int)

What I was wondering is whether I need to take any special measures to ensure that the value being passed as a size_t is in the correct range. In this case, the 'len' argument is produced by calling (number-of-bytes data). I would be really surprised if that value ever exceed the int32 range, but I suppose that could theoretically happen.

Matt Gushee