Re: [Chicken-users] Weird scope of variable defined inside cond

From: John Cowan
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] Weird scope of variable defined inside cond
Date: Tue, 12 May 2015 08:12:20 -0400

Vítor De Araújo scripsit:

> I'm seeing some weird behavior regarding scope of a variable defined
> with 'define' inside a cond clause. For instance:

That's not actually a supported place to put a definition, which
belongs at the beginning of a body such as a let, lambda, or
define.  It's probably being treated as a set!, and since in
Chicken you can set a variable whether it's been defined or not,
you get effectively a global variable.

--
John Cowan          http://www.ccil.org/~cowan        address@hidden
The known is finite, the unknown infinite; intellectually we stand