Re: [Chicken-users] actors, roles and meta-observers

From: chi
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] actors, roles and meta-observers
Date: Sat, 06 Jun 2015 21:39:28 -0700

Now I'm wondering if lazy lists might not be the answer. I need the top weighted
actor for a role, but sometimes I need the second top one, if the top one fails
further tests along down the road. Or the third top, etc, sounds like a lazy
list to me. My weird db ideas are structured like lazy lists anyway. I probably
throw a bunch of lazy/force/delay constructs in there, and it's suddenly
intuitive, functional, and simple and then I go yell at the Haskell devs to fix
their language so it isn't unpacking 900 megabytes just to compile stuff on
someone's computer. (to compare, glibc/gcc is like 130 megabytes, plus the 15 or
so for chicken)