Re: [Chicken-users] CHICKEN 4.10.0 release candidate 4 available

From: Evan Hanson
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] CHICKEN 4.10.0 release candidate 4 available
Date: Mon, 27 Jul 2015 18:51:53 +1200

Hi Tim,

Thanks for the report, it's much appreciated.

On 2015-07-27 15:31, Tim van der Linden wrote:
> The [panic] line (marked with **** in front) might be a possible
> failed test?

That panic line is fine and expected -- it's part of the test.

> Furthermore, as you can see, the system does progress a bit but hangs
> at the last line. I have let it run for 2 hours, and it did not get
> past this GCC compiling step. Either this Atom system is too weak to
> run these test in a timely fashion, or something else is going
> wrong...

Looks like you're running into an issue with GCC 4.9 that a few others
have encountered, as well -- the runtime tests do indeed run
indefinitely on some platforms when that compiler is used.9. If
possible, could you rerun that build with C_PLATFORM=<some other gcc> so
that we can see the whether the remaining tests pass, that GCC bug
notwithstanding?

Thanks again,

Evan