Re: [Chicken-users] CHICKEN 4.10.0 has been released

From: Peter Bex
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] CHICKEN 4.10.0 has been released
Date: Fri, 7 Aug 2015 10:53:47 +0200

On Fri, Aug 07, 2015 at 09:54:22AM +0200, Christian Kellermann wrote:
> * Claude Marinier <address@hidden> [150806 20:15]:
> >
> > Note that I did not have this problem with the release candidates.
>
> Could you try with them again and tell me exactly which one worked?
> Because there are no differences that touch code between the rc4 and
> the 4.10.0 version in git. If there are differences in behaviour for
> you this could mean we shipped a rc with broken pregenerated C code
> for whatever reason and I'd like to investigate that.

I agree, this is somewhat worrying.

One problem with MINGW is that it's badly maintained (unless I'm
mistaken, the most recent binary release is from 2013).  Mingw-w64
is better maintained, and despite the name it also works on 32 bit
systems.  I think it does support getc_unlocked.  You can find it
here: http://mingw-w64.org

Cheers,
Peter