Re: [Chicken-users] regex to be actively deprecated some day?

From: John Cowan
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] regex to be actively deprecated some day?
Date: Mon, 7 Sep 2015 23:34:30 -0400

Matt Welland scripsit:

> Ok, I sort of panicked when I saw what looked like regex being deprecated
> (read my original message below if you wish). After re-reading the irregex
> egg wiki page a few times it looks like all is well assuming these two
> things:

There is no intention of deprecating the regex egg that I know of.
However, supporting an undocumented feature of the Chicken 3 regex unit,
which is what #1189 is about, are another matter.  You can't count on
that sort of thing still working.  So you can go on using the regex egg freely.
As for the inefficiency, it's because calls to the regex API call the
irregex API.  That costs you something, but I don't believe it's much.

--
John Cowan          http://www.ccil.org/~cowan        address@hidden
If you have ever wondered if you are in hell, it has been said, then